Monday 5 April 2010

eh.. Title.

so, the whole fast thing didn't work out for obvious reasons.. >_<

it wasn't all bad, though. i remembered that i cheated at my physical's weigh-in last year, so i decided i could do it again. i "lost" four pounds since last year! i lol'd to myself. such a cheater. they shouldn't have put the scale in between a high table and a wall - the nurse should have made sure my hands were at my sides instead of supporting myself against the objects next to me. hehe

anyways, i had a pretty eventful weekend. friday (after the doctor's - i had to get a meningitis vaccine D:) my best friend Audra and i went to the school for Open Mic Night, where some of our fellow classmates revealed their hidden musical talents. afterwards, we went to our friend Vanessa's for birthday cake along with her boyfriend and a couple of other people.

saturday, i met up with Vanessa at the animal shelter to celebrate her birthday. we went out for breakfast and pedicures =D. afterwards, i went to an Easter/cousin's birthday dinner where i spent the night with a ton of family i've never met (distant family who i probably could have gone without ever meeting..) it was.. awkward.

Easter Sunday. oh god. i am not a Christian. although i do believe in some sort of God, i absolutely hate organized religion (sorry - i've always said i wouldn't discuss religion. it always seems to cause problems =/. let me just finish this little rant.) personally, i don't really believe in the whole "rising from beyond the grave" thing, so i don't think i should celebrate it.. i would rather stay in bed than drive out 70 miles to visit a side of my family who DOES NOT EVEN SPEAK TO ME. my mom was offended because my sister and i wanted to leave early, as we told our father's family that we would visit. she sort of had a freak-out, saying i never spend time with her family (although i spend countless weeks of my summer visiting them in Scotland.) regardless, we visited my dad's family where they sort of made conversation with me. i did have to excuse myself from the table when they started discussing politics.. "discussing" means heated, close-minded debates, where my grandmother spits out facts that she learned from last night's "Glenn Beck."

csuiomhgcrhgcmhgsuxoighmuigdlxbuibgfh I JUST WANT TO GET OUT OF HERE, ALREADY!

is summer here, yet? can i just walk up to my principal, get my high school diploma, move the green tassel to the side, and throw my hat up in the air? (June 12, by the way!) can i just drive to Logan Airport, board an Aer Lingus airplane, and silently enjoy my music on the way to Scotland, leaving everything behind?

the one somewhat-comforting thing about this Easter was the fact that it will be the last holiday i will spend without my father. he gets out of prison in July. i'm so excited to have a conversation longer than the phone-alloted ten minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a pretty good weekend, all in all, Audreena! Very smart idea excusing yourself from the table during the political debate... I can't talk politics with family either. I hope you have a great start to the week and things keep going your way! <3

    +Rei+

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up with a dad not believing in organized religion. My moms converted from jehovahs witness to a buddhists then a Christian. I don't really think of my self as one certain religion. I get out of school June 10. Cannot wait!!

    ReplyDelete