Friday 1 January 2010

Happy New Year !

it's nice to be back on the Internet - i've missed it so much !

this past month has had its fair share of stressful, hilarious, terrifying, and rewarding times.

we'll start with stressful - college applications, term papers, psych projects, drama performances.. all school-related.

how was it terrifying, might you ask? i conquered a huge fear of mine by donating blood. i am scared shitless of needles, especially ones that penetrate my veins. i always told myself that once i was 17 (the legal age to donate) i would force myself to be strapped in a chair while a nurse pumps blood out of me. AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL, but i did it. some lucky person will receive a pint of my blood. =D

i got to spend a lot of time with the "sane" part of my family, which really helped me reset after a string of stressful months.

a week or so before christmas, i went to a small party. it was just five of my closest friends, celebrating the homecoming of Jade, my best friend who lives in Seattle. my friend Misty called me before she arrived, asking if it was ok for her cousin to come with her. he was visiting from Providence and he didn't have any plans for the night. i just met Misty this year, so i don't really know much about her family.

the doorbell rings. i open the door to see her standing with gifts in hand. right behind her is a surprised, bewildered, gorgeous face. without introduction, i knew his name and everything about him, as he was my former boyfriend. i could write a book about the course of our relationship - sort of soap opera-esque, yet he isn't one of those ex-boyfriends that you would hate to see in your doorway. due to the circumstances, we had no choice but to break up. it was quite tragic.

anyways, we got to talking and reconnecting. it was like we never lost touch over the past year and a half - like having a best friend back in your life. we went out for dinner a few nights later and pretty much hung out every day after that. i had him over for one of my christmas dinners, as my family already knew who he was and had a nice opinion of him. pretty much, the last two weeks have been wonderful :)

unfortunately, he had to leave today. we had a nice time, but we both have to return to our realities. it was so great to be with him again, and i hope that we can get an opportunity like that again. maybe i'll type out our whole twisted history another day, if anyone's interested lol.

(the picture in the previous post was of us on vacation about a year ago. it was a common sight that one of my friends thought they would capture.)

like i said, it's back to reality now. i've thought of a few new year's resolutions so far..

1. read a different book every week (and finish them !)
2. get better at the guitar
3. cut out sugars, completely. (pipe dream!)
4. write to you all more often =)
5. keep my bedroom clean
6. say "no" to drugs/alcohol (at least until the summer. scotland's legal drinking age is 18 and i might be visiting the hash-brownie-coffee-shops of Amsterdam =D )
7. uh.. create my Zombie Survival Plan. (currently reading the Zombie Survival Guide, lol)

anyone have any good new year's resolutions?
hope you all had the happiest of times this holiday season.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Audreena! I'm so glad that you had a nice holiday season and were able to briefly reunite with your old flame. Your New Years resolutions sound good and I hope you're able to stick to them! Glad you're back on the net!

    +Rei+

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love reading what you have to say! your so uplifting! i absolutely love your new years resolutions. especially the one about the zombie survival plan! thats awesome! well its good to read about you doing so well!

    muah!

    ReplyDelete