Wednesday 4 November 2009

SO Many Forks in the Road...

an email i just wrote to my dad - pretty much describes my current conflict with my future.

feeling pretty uneasy about where i'm going to be a year from now.. i've been visiting with a few college reps at my school, NOT talking to my guidance councelor, listening to mom's prejudice suggestions, my sister's pleas for me to stay in the house forever, and my friends' plans. they each give me a different picture of how my life could be. every day, a "master plan" is created, then shot down by another.

pretty much, my influences include:

mom - go to a state or community college for a bit. live at home. become a nurse. have no life. boo.

random adults - go to community college. ehhh.

my tool-box of a guidance councelor - might as well drop out now. according to him, i'm not getting into college. no admissions person in their right mind would accept someone who didn't go above and beyond the math requirement. that jerk.

my sister - wants me to have a baby? lol. she's weird...

my friends - really don't care what i do. they've already got things figured out - they don't need to go through that thinking process again for me.

ME. DOESN'T ANYONE CARE WHAT I WANT TO DO? - well, now that you've asked, i would like to either of the following (none that mom agrees with, mind you)

a. (first choice)go to a state school as mom suggested, but live on campus. i don't care that its gonna cost $20,000 more total. that's why they made student loans. i want to start a new chapter of my life. i don't want to still be living here where i have been for the last 17 (well, 10) years. i've developed awful study habits here, and i know i'm just going to continue to be a slacker. plus, i want to have a "college experience" just like every other normal kid i know.
b. (tied with first choice)if that doesn't work/go over well with mom/i change my mind, i think i'll head overseas. i really miss everyone after living with them for an extended period of time. i feel like i've been more down since i last came home, plus i'm just sort of sick of my surroundings. i just need a change.
c)if the above two didn't work out, i'll just join the peace corps.
d)if that's not allowed either, i'll just drop out and get knocked up as my sister and guidance councellor have suggested..... (kidding.)

anyways, that's my plan. don't make me write out a list of possible majors.


ndfhgjvnh mj vicmjidfvhgcjkfhdjfkbgvcndfmvb hjdfnbcgjbsnfb.

1 comment:

  1. This may sound corny, but do what your heart tells you to do. It's your life, your decision, and if the people in your life can't understand that, then they've got problems... I know everyone just wants what's best for you, but if you do what they want, then you're going to be unhappy...

    And about the getting knocked up thing... Nobody should have children until they're 35 and have well paying jobs. Been there done that, and if you think your life is complicated now, wait until you have children. In other words, do not listen to your sister... XD

    ReplyDelete